District 4 – Virtual District Meeting
November 8, 2022
Mtg. ID: 863 7353 3658
Chair, Sue B, called the meeting to order at 6:32 with the Declaration of Unity.
Present: Sue B., Nancy G., Anne, Stephen, Sue L., Cody, Andrew P., Genie, Cathy, Amy
Correction was made to Oct minutes: Sue L. and Nancy are the Co-chairs for hosting the Jan 7th General Assembly at St. Andrews.
- Chair report:
• Andrew L has made “Save the Date flyers” for the Jan GSA
• Please return Accessibilities questionnaires to Becky, Area Accessibilities Chair
• Area 50 Inventory is now live and can returned in 3 ways:
o Fill in online here: http://area50wny.org/inventory-questions/
o Download .pdf at Area50WNY.org, fill in and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Download copy, fill in and mail to: Inventory Survey, 40 Prout Road, Freeport, ME 04032
• Sue B. has copies of Area 50 handbook
• The Why Group no longer meets, we’d like to visit other groups on Elmwood on District 4 and see if they still meet or have a GSR
• We’d like to visit churches in the Ken-Ton area and see if they need pamphlets or new tear-off sheets
• District 6/7 is hosting a Sharing Session Nov 21st @ The Well titled “What is a Home Group?”
- Treasurer Report:
• Treasury Balance is $969.69 after $300 in contributions and $300 in bills
• Nancy is working on sending thank you’s to contributing groups
- Accessibility report: NONE
- Archives Committee report:
• Archives is available to come out to Group events
• Lunch was a success
• They are always looking for volunteers to convert analog records to digital
• Central Office can always use help folding New Frontiers
- PIC Report:
• Anne could use volunteers to help staff the table at Buff State and expand to other colleges
• Billboard are up at Hertel and Elmwood
- Webchair Report: NONE
Area Service Committee Presentation: NONE
• Update on hosting January GSA – Andrew L. would like to work on the flier to go out for the GSA but maybe wants someone to help
• Nancy and Sue L. discussed lunch options – make your own taco salad bar. Looking into pre-made packages of taco meat, or preparing ourselves.
• Stephen volunteered to help in any way
• Think about asking sponsees to help with PI and maybe expand to libraries
• Nancy has been communicating with Corrections Committee and they could use men to work with the Alden Correctional facility
Meeting closed at 7:31 with the Responsibility Declaration.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary, Amy H.