District 4 – Virtual District Meeting
December 13, 2022
Mtg. ID: 863 7353 3658
Chair, Sue B, called the meeting to order at 6:32 with the Declaration of Unity.
Present: Sue B., John H., Nancy G., Sue L., Andrew P., Katie L., Cathy, Amy H.
Reading of the minutes was waived.
- Chair report:
• Welcome Katie, GSR from Easy Does It:)
• David is now our District 4 CPC Committee Chair
• Area Budget Vote will be at the next General Assembly January 7th. We will also be discussing the Area Inventory results
• 2023-2024 Schedule for assemblies and Area Committee meeting was approved
• Please continue to distribute the Accessibilities questionnaire. Sue has copies if you need
• Purpose Group 10am Saturday has moved from our district to Dist 5
• New York State Information Workshop (NYSIW) will be hosted by our Area the last weekend in July. Committee s forming and needs help. They have secured a venue and the website is already up and running
• We have met many goals of the proposed vision for District 4:
o Making sure all groups have GSR’s
o Adding District Committees like Accessibilities, Archives, CPC, PI?
o Sponsoring Days of Sharing and hosting events like assemblies
o GSR Education had added a monthly virtual Coffee Hour first Monday of the month 7pm
o Sue expressed her gratitude for our district efforts:)
- Treasurer Report:
• Treasury Balance is $1900.69
• Hosting the GSA in January will use funds and we may want to discuss use of excess funds
• We now have a TIN as a “non-profit social club” which will make banking easier and more transferable.
• Nancy is working on sending thank you’s to contributing groups
• Contributions can be sent to: NGierman113@gmail.com
- Accessibility report: NONE
- Archives Committee report:
• We continue to welcome new members to our committee.
• We have lots of projects that need to be worked on in our repository.
• We also welcome groups + committees to welcome us to group anniversaries – picnics – gatherings + area days of sharing as we love to come to these events – meet new people – + expose our work to area groups and members.
• We wish everyone a Merry Christmas – Happy Holidays + Happy New Year.
• Respectfully submitted by Joe V V-member of University Men’s Closed Discussion + member of Archives Committee.
- PIC Report: NONE
- Webchair Report: NONE
Area Service Committee Presentation: NONE
• Update on hosting January GSA -Nancy and Sue have things in hand with food-shopping and cooking but will need volunteers for set up and clean up
• They will try to visit the church next week to see about set up, WiFi etc.
• A flier is already circulating
• We might want to all be early to make sure things are set up and ready
Meeting closed at 7:14 with the Responsibility Declaration.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary, Amy H.